The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making clietn a reseller

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jemrada, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Jemrada

Jemrada Member

When I give a client reseller Privileges, the package that is assigned for there account takes up all there space and bandwidth. Fo some reason it thinks my account is his account. I have it setup for a certain amount of accounts which can be created allong with a certain amount of space.

The plan I gave them is
    1500 MB Space
    25 gig Bandwidth

When they go to create account, it says there is no room left because the plan above is taking all there space.

How can I fix this?

2. Bloory

Bloory Active Member

Either allow overselling or reduce his main account.

The other option is that you ("root") retain ownership of his account.

3. Jemrada

Jemrada Member

The main account is needed. If I reduce it, all that does is lower the size. But it still takes all the space and bandwidth no matter what size I make it.

I have limit set by amount of accounts and limit enabled by space and bandwidth amounts. Could this be the reason?

If I just leave it to limit by amount of accounts, how do it know when it has reached its space limit?

4. FeeReD

FeeReD Well-Known Member

Just limit how much space he/she can use rather then how many accounts he/she can give away. When the user adds an account and he/she is limited to space it will deduct from the space he/she has in his WHM so therefore he/she will not be able to add more then you gave him/her. Also known as overselling.

So just stick to limiting space rather then limiting accounts.

Oh ya, I didn't know whether or not it was a she or a he. :)

5. neonix

neonix Well-Known Member

Create a package with say 100 Mb. Downgrade that main reseller account to that package.

Use Bandwidth Modification to reduce the bandwidth for the main reseller account to say 1 GB.

The reseller can create more accounts in the remaining space and bandwidth.

The limits are controlled by the values you enter in the reseller previleges and not the values of the main reseller account.