The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manage cpaddons does nothing ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nyjimbo, Nov 24, 2009.

1. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Everytime I go to WHM and click on Manage CpAddons and then select the "Show all installs that need updating for all users" I get a list of installs and the version and if there is an upgrade.

I click on the "upgrade" option and get things like this:
    ----------------------
    cPAddon Scripts Client Install Manager
    Upgrading ammonoos cPanel::Blogs::WordPress.0.yaml installation here...

cPAddon cPanel::Blogs::WordPress
    This is a cPanel packaged module. (v0.4)

Website WordPress › Blog Tool and Publishing Platform

-----------------------
    It doesnt do anything else, no matter how long I wait. If I go back in the same route again I see the same list of installs and the offer to upgrade.

I am running cPanel 11.24.5-C39633 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9
    CENTOS 5.2 i686 standard

Why is this happening ?

2. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

I am also having same problem on my Freebsd servers:

If I go into one of the users accounts and see he has an version of Wordpress installed and it needs updating and I click upgrade it fails:

This is a cPanel packaged module. (v0.4)

Website WordPress › Blog Tool and Publishing Platform

[Show patch test output]

2 out of 2 hunks failed--saving rejects to wp-admin/admin-ajax.php.rej
    1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to wp-admin/admin.php.rej
    2 out of 2 hunks failed--saving rejects to wp-admin/comment.php.rej
    1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to wp-admin/css/colors-classic.css.rej
    1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to wp-admin/css/colors-fresh.css.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [y]
    1 out of 2 hunks failed--saving rejects to wp-admin/css/ie.css.rej
    File to patch:
    No file found--skip this patch? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/css/plugin-install.css.rej
    2 out of 3 hunks failed--saving rejects to wp-admin/css/theme-editor.css.rej
    1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to wp-admin/css/theme-editor-rtl.css.rej
    1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to wp-admin/edit-attachment-rows.php.rej
    2 out of 3 hunks failed--saving rejects to wp-admin/edit-comments.php.rej
    2 out of 4 hunks failed--saving rejects to wp-admin/edit-form-comment.php.rej
    1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to wp-admin/edit-post-rows.php.rej
    File to patch:
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-direct.php.rej
    File to patch:
    11 out of 11 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-ssh2.php.rej
    File to patch:
    1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/includes/comment.php.rej
    File to patch:
    6 out of 6 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/includes/dashboard.php.rej
    File to patch:
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/includes/file.php.rej
    File to patch:
    1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/includes/manifest.php.rej
    File to patch:
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/includes/media.php.rej
    File to patch:
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/includes/misc.php.rej
    File to patch:
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/includes/plugin-install.php.rej
    File to patch:
    9 out of 9 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/includes/plugin.php.rej
    File to patch:
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/includes/template.php.rej
    File to patch:
    1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/includes/update-core.php.rej
    File to patch:
    1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/includes/user.php.rej
    File to patch:
    1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/includes/widgets.php.rej
    File to patch:
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/js/dashboard.dev.js.rej
    File to patch:
    1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/js/dashboard.js.rej
    File to patch:
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored--saving rejects to wp-admin/js/edit-comments.dev.js.rej
    File to patch:
    patch: **** malformed patch at line 1317: msie){a("#replycontainer, #replycontent").css("height","120px")}else{a("#replycontainer").resizable("destroy").css("height","120px")}},open:function(i,g,c){var e=this,d,b,f;e.close();e.o="#comment-"+i;a("#replyrow td").attr("colspan",a(".widefat thead th:visible").length);d=a("#replyrow"),rowData=a("#inline-"+i);b=e.act=(c=="edit")?"edit-comment":"replyto-comment";a("#action",d).val(b);a("#comment_post_ID",d).val(g);a("#comment_ID",d).val(i);if(c=="edit"){a("#author",d).val(a("div.author",rowData).text());a("#author-email",d).val(a("div.author-email",rowData).text());a("#author-url",d).val(a("div.author-url",rowData).text());a("#status",d).val(a("div.comment_status",rowData).text());a("#replycontent",d).val(a("textarea.comment",rowData).val());a("#edithead, #savebtn",d).show();a("#replyhead, #replybtn",d).hide();f=a(e.o).height();if(f>220){if(a.browser.msie){a("#replycontainer, #replycontent",d).height(f-105)}else{a("#replycontainer",d).height(f-105)}}a(e.o).after(d.hide()).fadeOut("fast",function(){a("#replyrow").fadeIn("fast")})}else{a("#edithead, #savebtn",d).hide();a("#replyhead, #replybtn",d).show();a(e.o).after(d);a("#replyrow").hide().fadeIn("fast")}if(!a.browser.msie){a("#replycontainer").resizable({handles:"s",axis:"y",minHeight:80,stop:function(){a("#replycontainer").width("auto")}})}setTimeout(function(){var l,j,m,h,k;l=a("#replyrow").offset().top;j=l+a("#replyrow").height();m=window.pageYOffset||document.documentElement.scrollTop;h=document.documentElement.clientHeight||self.innerHeight||0;k=m+h;if(k-20<j){window.scroll(0,j-h+35)}else{if(l-20<m){window.scroll(0,l-35)}}a("#replycontent").focus().keyup(function(n){if(n.which==27){commentReply.revert()}})},600);return false},send:function(){var b={};a("#replysubmit .waiting").show();a("#replyrow input").each(function(){b[a(this).attr("name")]=a(this).val()});b.content=a("#replycontent").val();b.id=b.comment_post_ID;b.comments_listing=this.comments_listing;a.ajax({type:"POST",url:wpListL10n.url,data:b,success:function(c){commentReply.show(c)},error:function(c){commentReply.error(c)}});return false},show:function(b){var e,g,f,d;if(typeof(b)=="string"){this.error({responseText:b});return false}e=wpAjax.parseAjaxResponse(b);if(e.errors){this.error({responseText:wpAjax.broken});return false}if("edit-comment"==this.act){a(this.o).remove()}e=e.responses[0];g=e.data;a(g).hide();a("#replyrow").after(g);this.o=f="#comment-"+e.id;this.revert();this.addEvents(a(f));d=a(f).hasClass("unapproved")?"#ffffe0":"#fff";a(f).animate({backgroundColor:"#CCEEBB"},600).animate({backgroundColor:d},600);a.fn.wpList.process(a(f))},error:function(b){var c=b.statusText;a("#replysubmit .waiting").hide();if(b.responseText){c=b.responseText.replace(/<.[^<>]*?>/g,"")}if(c){a("#replysubmit .error").html(c).show()}}};a(document).ready(function(){var e,b,c,d;setCommentsList();commentReply.init();a("span.delete a.delete").click(function(){return false});if(typeof QTags!="undefined"){ed_reply=new QTags("ed_reply","replycontent","replycontainer","more")}if(typeof a.table_hotkeys!="undefined"){e=function(f){return function(){var h,g;h="next"==f?"first":"last";g=a("."+f+".page-numbers");if(g.length){window.location=g[0].href.replace(/\&hotkeys_highlight_(first|last)=1/g,"")+"&hotkeys_highlight_"+h+"=1"}}};b=function(g,f){window.location=a("span.edit a",f).attr("href")};c=function(){toggleWithKeyboard=true;a("#comments-form thead #cb input:checkbox").click().attr("checked","");toggleWithKeyboard=false};d=function(f){return function(h,g){a("option[value="+f+"]").attr("selected","selected");a("form#comments-form")[0].submit()}};a.table_hotkeys(a("table.widefat"),["a","u","s","d","r","q",["e",b],["shift+a",d("approve")],["shift+s",d("markspam")],["shift+d",d("delete")],["shift+x",c],["shift+u",d("unapprove")]],{highlight_first:adminCommentsL10n.hotkeys_highlight_first,highlight_last:adminCommentsL10n.hotkeys_highlight_last,prev_page_link_cb:e("prev"),next_page_link_cb:e("next")})}})})(jQuery);

This Addon has been modified (or the upgrade test failed) and is no longer updatable via this function.

If you really want to force the upgrade please type the following in to the form below:

I fully understand what I am doing and take full responsibility for my actions. I have backed up all my data so I can remove the installation, reinstall fresh and import my old info into the new install if necessary. I understand that anything that breaks by forcing this upgrade is 100% my responsibility.