The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manage Service SSL Certificates Resets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by razrdj, Jun 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. razrdj

razrdj Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there,

I currently have a wildcard certificate installed through the "Manage Service SSL Certificates" interface. After a while it installs a self signed certificate and the visitors get an invalid SSL-certificate warning.

I need to reinstall my wildcard certificate back again to resolve this issue. Why does WHM removes my wildcard certificated and installs the self signed? The certificated expires next year, so this is not the problem.

2. webhostuk

webhostuk Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Are you sure you are installing the SSL correctly ? Because that should not be the case that a self signed certificate is replacing your Wildcard SSL.

3. razrdj

razrdj Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes the wildcard certificate works. I checked it on multiple browsers and devices. After it gets replaced by the self signed certificate, all devices are getting invalid SSL certificate error and I need to replace it again with my wildcard cert.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

This issue was addressed in cPanel version 56.0.13:

Fixed case CPANEL-5951: /var/cpanel/ssl/disable_service_certificate_management disables checkallsslcerts.

You can run the following command on your system to disable the automatic replacement of your wildcard certificate:

Code:
    touch /var/cpanel/ssl/disable_service_certificate_management
    However, note you will need to mange this certificate manually, and ensure to update it once it expires.

Thank you.