The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Managing Accounts from WHM Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bikerdave55, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Bikerdave55

Bikerdave55 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi all

I have just purchased a Reseller Package mainly to allow a few of my website owners to access their websites directly if they wish. I have been managing them through my cpanel using add on domains for some time so I am familiar pretty much with cpanel.

However I am struggling to find basic information on how to manage WHM and the Accounts. Basic stuff like what the FTP details are for each account.

I have spent some time searching for tutorials and general help on WHM and Accounts and what I have found does not seem to answer my questions.

So is there someone who would act as a mentor for me for a short while so that I can get the hang of using WHM? I doubt it would be more than a few hours of time. Ideally someone who has set up and is managing a few accounts.

Thank you in anticipation.

David

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    The documentation may be of some use to you:
    WebHost Manager® (WHM®) User Guide - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Short of that (and you really should start there), you might ask your question more precisely for assistance.

You'll need to manually move each of these addon accounts, there is no tool to move them to their own cPanel account, from yours.

When you create a new cPanel account, after creating your Packages, and then pointing the domain to your server's nameservers, and the user account name is johnsmit... that user can login to his FTP account at hisdomain.com using johnsmit and the password you created for that new account. Or, your servers IP address that the johnsmit account is using.