The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

managing passwords on addon domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maraja, Nov 14, 2005.

1. maraja

maraja Registered

Nov 14, 2005

Addon Domains allows me to add different sites on the same server/package.

If I set an addon site for a friend, I like him to handle his own email accounts as well as to check his own stats, etc.

My provider told me that, in such cases, I need to give my friend my own userid/pw.

Did I got the correct info? Is there any way to allow addon admins to access with different userid/pw and to see only their domains?

If not, do you plan to add this feature on future packages?

Thank you so much,

Ugo Grandolini
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess
    No that isn't possible. You would have to setup the main account as a resoller account at the very least to achieve that.
  3. antodeepak

antodeepak Active Member

Jan 24, 2005
    kerala, India
    A Nice question

Hi Friend,

This is a usual question with the forum now. I hope you where no clear about the things. Anyway I can bring certain things infront of you...

To view the webstats for anyone without login into your cpanel , you follow the steps below.

But setting up the email accounts/changing the password cannot be possible by your clients without login to the cpanel. It is better them to request you for that. For accessing his emails he can use webmail as every knows very well that.

While you create a addon, there will be only a FTP account for the addon and there is no other access to the server. Please have a mark with this.

You can make your clients view the webstats without login into the cpanel. You can configure it with the following steps.

The following commands help to access the webalizer without login the Cpanel
    cd /home/username/www
    ln -s ../tmp/webalizer stats
    chown username.username stats
    cd ../tmp
    chmod 755 ./
    chmod 755 ./webalizer

will allow for viewing stats without logging in to cpanel

Please also have a look with the following url from the forum itself...

A bunch of thanks for trying out my suggestions :p