Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Managing sites with permanent load?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rakaris Bakaris, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Rakaris Bakaris

Rakaris Bakaris Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello!
    We have Cpanel server with various accounts which are generating the low load. But there are sites which have bigger load and periodically these sites initiate high server load. So we want to move these accounts (bellow 10) to other server which will be dedicated for such purposes. Our question: is CPanel by default is configured with various limits which can slow down the sites (because it dedicated for multiple accounts)? What is difference on website performance between standard LAMP server and Cpanel if load for sites is permanent? Any comments / recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

2. GOT

GOT Get Proactive! PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    cPanel does not have this built in, however, you can switch your OS to CloudLinux to add this functionality.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rakaris Bakaris

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Seems that you had misunderstood my question. I want to know if CPanel server (kernel, components etc) configuration is suitable for permanent loads for no more than 10 accounts (because shared hosting first of all is made for non permanent loads with multiple accounts)?

4. GOT

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I may still not be understanding your question. The number of accounts a server can handle is very variable based on a number of different factors.

Can you elaborate on what you mean? I'm not clear on what you mean by permanent load.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Rakaris Bakaris

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    With permanent load I mean that CPU load for account is constant on time. With my question I mean maybe there is something settings that does restrict some resources for Cpanel account account (for example, open files, connections count etc), which does not allow to CPanel account use all the resources that may be available for server.

6. GOT

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    CPanel itself does not impose CPU or memory limits on a per account basis. CloudLinux does this but if you have regular centos then there would be no per account limitations.

7. Rakaris Bakaris

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So this means that if I have:
    1. VPS with Centos 7 and web+mysql project which loads database / web server
    2. VPS with Centos 7,CPanel/WHM and web+mysql project which loads database / web server
    we will get the similar performance results for both of the servers (if external client loads on both cases are identical)?

8. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Rakaris Bakaris,

It's difficult to know if the server will perform the same between those two environments. The cPanel & WHM server is going to use more resources for services such as Exim, Dovecot, cpsrvd, and so forth, so that can have some impact. Additionally, Apache and PHP could be configured differently on each server.

You'd really need to run some performance tests on a production machine to get a better idea of how it performs. Most performance-related results will vary because variables such as traffic, hardware, type of website, and network speed come into play.

Thank you.