The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

manual bwlimit in putty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wptechno, Aug 27, 2005.

1. wptechno

wptechno Active Member

Hi, my current installation of cpanel is expired temporarily. The guys at cpanel have not been in the office since thursday and have not updated our license. In the meantime, one of my clients site has gone down because his bandwidth exceeded. It's really important that I add more bandwidth to his site but I can't without cpanel.

The questions is:
    Does anyone know how to modify a user's bandwidth quota in apache using putty or commands?

Thanks,
    Ben

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You should be able to add/modify the BWLIMIT= statement in the users /var/cpanel/users/account file. It's in bytes.

3. wptechno

wptechno Active Member

Thanks for your response!

You know cpanel still has not renewed my license and now I'm still in need of functionality after FIVE Days! Do you possibly know how to unsuspend an account without cpanel? Or better yet a place on the web that has all of these tutorials? I tried deleting the unsuspend time stamp in the user file but that didn't work.

Any help would be great!
    Thanks,
    Ben

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You could try:

/scripts/unsuspendacct

Did you email billing@cpanel.net about the licensing issue as they ought to respond sooner that that.