The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manual or Automatic updates?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zpeed, May 23, 2006.

?

Automatic or Manual updates?

Poll closed Jun 6, 2006.
  1. Manual

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. Automatic

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Zpeed

Zpeed Member

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how many of you are running the automatic updates of CPanel, Cpanel Packages and Security Packages?
    I have all three, except BSD ports on automatic updates. But since there are always some (small) problems after an update (the previous one broke something with disk usage stats, the last one prevented stunnel restarted so SSL cert changes are not deployed) I'm thinking of doing everything manually. I'm running RELEASE.

Any experiences with either automatic or manual updates? Tips?

2. tweakservers

tweakservers Well-Known Member

I will set manual upgrade for the Cpanel packages as I have encountered before that the automatic update breaks some the Cpanel previously.

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

I have cPanel Packages Updates and Security Package Updates set to automatic and cPanel/WHM Updates set to manual.

Perhaps a broader range of poll choices would be better - I can't choose 'Manual' nor 'Automatic' as I use a bit of both.

4. Zpeed

Zpeed Member

Yeah, I was thinking about it. But since there are 3 packages that can be auto or manual, it would be a LOT of choices (3^2 = 9 poll options). I just wanted to get a simple "auto or manual" overall discussion.
    I actually set the same options as you now, having only the security updates automaticly.