Manual restore of terminated cPanel account

Shed49

Registered
Aug 28, 2005
Hi Folks,

We have a cpanel account that was terminated in error but we need to reinstate urgently.

We use CDP Server which gives us file/directory level restore ability - but there is no option to restore a 'complete' cPanel account/website/related MySQL databases etc. etc.

Question is... what do we manually have to restore to reinstate a website from our server backup?

So far we have identified:

/home/(user)
/var/cpanel/userdata/(user)
/var/lib/mysql/(user)
/var/cpanel/users/(user)

However we experience errors after restore... suggesting that were missing something...

Any help would be greatly apprecieted!

Rgds
Terry James

jonwatson

Apr 1, 2007
Hi Folks,

We have a cpanel account that was terminated in error but we need to reinstate urgently.

We use CDP Server which gives us file/directory level restore ability - but there is no option to restore a 'complete' cPanel account/website/related MySQL databases etc. etc.

Question is... what do we manually have to restore to reinstate a website from our server backup?

So far we have identified:

/home/(user)
/var/cpanel/userdata/(user)
/var/lib/mysql/(user)
/var/cpanel/users/(user)

However we experience errors after restore... suggesting that were missing something...

Any help would be greatly apprecieted!

Rgds
Terry James

Did you ever figure this out? I have kind of the same situation here. I have a bunch of cPanel accounts mounted on a drive in a cPanel machine and I need to get them back up and running. There not actual cPanel accounts, though, just the old / drive.

Jon