Manual settings for configuring FTP client

Soban Khalid

Mar 30, 2016
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Can I remove the Manual Settings instructions for "Configure FTP client" that appear in cPanel of an account?

The Manual settings are like this (screenshot attached):
FTP Username: subdomain
FTP server: ftp.subdomain.domain.com
FTP & explicit FTP port: 21

The problem is that these settings do not reflect the actual FTP server address which is just subdomain.domain.com and not ftp.subdomain.domain.com

Is there a way to remove or change these instructions?

manual ftp.PNG

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

The "FTP Settings" feature in "WHM >> Feature Manager" should control the display of the FTP configuration information in cPanel. However, I've confirmed that disabling this feature does not remove the FTP configuration information. I've opened internal case CPANEL-5435 to address this issue. There's currently no time frame on a resolution, however I will update this thread with more information as it becomes available.

Note that if you would like the ability to modify what FTP configuration settings are displayed to cPanel users, then you can open a feature request via:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
To update, the "FTP Settings" feature is actually intended to determine if the cPanel user is able to configure Anonymous FTP access, and if the cPanel user is able to change the Anonymous FTP login banner. Thus, I suggest opening a feature request using the link in my previous response for increased control over the FTP settings in cPanel.

Thank you.