Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Manually create e-mail filters?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by strikeholdings, Nov 28, 2006.

1. strikeholdings

I have this notion of combatting the latest wave of penny-stock spam by creating a custom rule that marks an e-mail as spam if the first word in the sender's name and the first word in the subject line are the same (seems to be common to a lot of this latest spam). That can't be done through CPanel's e-mail filter interface, but...

I see that filter rules set up through CPanel go into a file called .filter in each account's home directory. Looks like a pretty simple syntax. Does anyone know if there's a way to write a conditional statement like the one I describe above in this filter "language"?

I've searched this forum, Googled and spent a little time in Exim's documentation, but no joy. Maybe it's just a crazy dream, but has anyone ever done this or heard of this being done?

2. gessiouxfalls

gessiouxfalls Registered

Exim can do it from what I have seen, but cpanel can not, I know of one cpanel server that with some hard core modes to cpanel has made an exception list for such spam.... I am working on a copy of my servers... will post more info when done.