Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Manually delete a forward?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThunderHostingDotCom, Nov 6, 2003.

1. ThunderHostingDotCom

ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

I changed the domain name on an account & now the old username is listed under forwards "* >> thisurl" & it wont delete. When I try to delete it it says "* no more forwards to thisurl." but it still shows up under forwards. How do I manually delete this forward?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

I just edit my /etc/valiases files.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ThunderHostingDotCom

ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Manually delete a forward?

I tried pico /etc/valiases & it was empty.
    I also tried pico /etc/valiases/wildwebdomains.com but it did not have the one forward in the file.

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

That's strange. Maybe your server setup stores the valiases elsewhere. I know mine are in the /etc/valiases/domain.com files and I always add and remove forwarders by editing those files.

I don't know if it will work, but you could try creating a new account for the old domain name, then check for and remove any forwarders, then terminate the account.