The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manually moving an account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 65535, Jan 7, 2004.

1. 65535

65535 Member

Hi,
    I'm trying to work out what sequence of commands I need to do to move an account from one server to another over and SSH session. Could someone give me a push in the right direction please

Rgds

Rus

2. speedy

speedy Active Member

transfering accounts from one server to another.

okay sure no problem I have done this a few times in the pass it might take a while to do everything but after you get the hang of it it will be easy as cake. these are steps for a linux server with /home directory set up and accoutns under /home/username/www/

In order to transfer accounts from one server to another manualy follow these steps you will need to be in ssh to do this.

1. package all the accounts by using the following code on each account.

/scripts/pkgacct username

2. after you have packaged all the accounts run the following command.

chmod 644 *.tar.gz

3. now have a domain still active on your server and move all the files to the directory on an active domain by running the following.

mv /home/cpmove-username.tar.gz.tar.gz /home/XXXXXX/www/

replace XXXXXX with the directory of the domain that is active on the server.

4. Now log in the ssh of the other server and do the following for each account.

wget http://XXXXXXX.com/cpmove-username.tar.gz.tar.gz

replace XXXXXXX with the active odmain from the old server.

5. last but not least unpackage the accounts on the new server by running the code.

/scripts/restorepkg username

If you need help with anything contact us at http://speeddrives.com/contact.html