Operating System & Version
CENTOS 7.8
cPanel & WHM Version
v90.0.10
Jan 8, 2020
New Hampshire, USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I am preparing to upgrade MariaDB but am concerned about a couple of websites being compatible. One of them is using October CMS, and a few others are using PHPMyDirectory. Is there a solid way of checking to be sure these sites won't crash prior to the upgrade?

PHPMyDirectory Web Hosting Server Requirements:
  • Unix/Linux/Windows/MacOS X Server
  • PHP Version 5.6 or above (including the PDO MySQL database extension)
  • MySQL 5.5 or above
  • PHP GD library version 2 or above.
  • PHP cURL Extension
  • ionCube Loaders (version 5+)
With PHPMyDirectory I know for a fact that the developer went AWOL a few years ago, so I’m not at all confident that this is compatible with any higher versions in the last three years or so.

On October CMS they have this listed but the version installed on the website is 4 or 5 years old or so and i'm not very familiar with October CMS, just a site I moved over to the server.

Minimum system requirements
  1. PHP version 7.0.8 or higher
  2. PDO PHP Extension
  3. cURL PHP Extension
  4. OpenSSL PHP Extension
  5. Mbstring PHP Library
  6. ZipArchive PHP Library
  7. GD PHP Library
Some OS distributions may require you to manually install the PHP JSON and XML extensions. For example, when using Ubuntu this can be done via apt-get install php7.0-json and apt-get install php7.0-xml respectively.

When using the SQL Server database engine, you will need to install the group concatenation user-defined aggregate.

Thank you for any help!!
Matt

cPAdminsMichael

Dec 19, 2016
Denmark
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Great that it worked out.
In most cases, you would be able to update MySQL/MariaDB without bigger issues - You may want to disable strict mode in the newer versions of MySQL/MariaDB to make old websites work properly though.
Updating PHP is another story... especially from PHP 5.x to 7.x :)

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Glad that the upgrade went well. Generally speaking when performing upgrades through the WHM UI the upgrade process will notify you of potential issues and should not complete the upgrade if there are issues that are seen.