The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MariaDB fails after a failed Gorvernor install

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by UHLHosting, Mar 5, 2016.

1. UHLHosting

UHLHosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    This is what I get

Code:
    root@panel [/var/lib]# systemctl status mariadb.service
    ● mariadb.service - MariaDB database server
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
      Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d
               └─migrated-from-my.cnf-settings.conf
       Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2016-03-06 06:41:02 CET; 2min 3s ago
      Process: 8569 ExecStartPost=/usr/sbin/mariadb-wait-ready $MAINPID (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
      Process: 8568 ExecStart=/usr/bin/mysqld_safe --basedir=/usr (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
      Process: 8535 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/mariadb-prepare-db-dir %n (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
      Process: 8511 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/mariadb-check-socket (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Main PID: 8568 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Mar 06 06:41:00 panel.example.com mariadb-prepare-db-dir[8535]: touch: cannot touch 'panel.example.com.err': Permission denied
    Mar 06 06:41:00 panel.example.com mariadb-prepare-db-dir[8535]: chown: cannot access 'panel.example.com.err': No such file or directory
    Mar 06 06:41:00 panel.example.com mariadb-prepare-db-dir[8535]: chmod: cannot access 'panel.example.com.err': No such file or directory
    Mar 06 06:41:00 panel.example.com mysqld_safe[8568]: 160306 06:41:00 mysqld_safe Logging to '/var/lib/mysql/panel.example.com.err'.
    Mar 06 06:41:00 panel.example.com mysqld_safe[8568]: 160306 06:41:00 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
    Mar 06 06:41:01 panel.example.com mysqld_safe[8568]: 160306 06:41:01 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/lib/mysql/panel.example.com.pid ended
    Mar 06 06:41:02 panel.example.com systemd[1]: mariadb.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
    Mar 06 06:41:02 panel.example.com systemd[1]: Failed to start MariaDB database server.
    Mar 06 06:41:02 panel.example.com systemd[1]: Unit mariadb.service entered failed state.
    Mar 06 06:41:02 panel.example.com systemd[1]: mariadb.service failed.
    root@panel [/var/lib]# systemctl restart mariadb.service
    Job for mariadb.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status mariadb.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
    Can someone please help me, this is urgent any idea or something to recover from this, I have remove the cloudlinux guvernor.

#1 UHLHosting, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2016
  2. syslint

syslint Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Please run the following command and try to start it
    Code:
    chown -R mysql.mysql /var/lib/mysql 

If this won't works , please show the permission of /var/lib/mysql

3. UHLHosting

UHLHosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I have already solved the issue, it was not about the permissions, something due to mysql governor install did not went well. Thanks to great cPanel support issues was remediated on time.

4. syslint

syslint Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Nice to here that the issue has been resolved :)

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I am happy to see the issue was addressed after repeating the MySQL Governor installation. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.