Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED MariaDB Master/Master configuration.

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by WillLe-IMH, Jun 25, 2018.

1. WillLe-IMH

WillLe-IMH Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I have a MariaDB Master/Master configuration setup. Usually I setup the configuration just for one database, but in this case it is setup to mirror all databases with a few exceptions. In addition to this setup, I have a copy of one cPanel account on both servers.

The problem I am having is once the database is replicated, the cPanel account on the slave server does not recognize the replicated database. You can not add a database user for access unless performing as root. What I would like to know is what I would need to run on the slave server so the database would be recognized.

I've searched for this, but not finding any real answers. And setupdbmap does not work. If you need more details, just let me know.

2. WillLe-IMH

WillLe-IMH Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Well, I finally found my answer in the the following post:

Creating a database manually

The articles tool name has changed to the following:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/dbmaptool

I didn't realize that you needed to map the database to the cPanel account either in WHM or from the command line. Hopefully this will help someone else in this situation.

cPanelLauren likes this.
  3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @WillLe-IMH

I am happy to hear that you were able to find a resolution for the issue, thank you for updating this thread with the solution that worked for you.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...