Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

MariaDB restart warning

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by unarea, Apr 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. unarea

unarea Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok, Im setting up a new server with cpanel 68.0.37 release.
    I upgraded mysql 5.6 to mariadb 10.1, that´s ok. I tested some sites before the dns move and all is ok. Mysql -v shows that mariadb is running.

Now when I restart mysql (service mysql restart) I get this error:

Restarting mysql (via systemctl): Warning: mysql.service changed on disk. Run 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload units. [OK]

I run the command systemctl daemon-reload and then again service mysql restart and I get the same error.

Is it a cpanel bug?

By the way at WHM - Home - Server - Service Status - Service Status the mysql services says 5.6.38-1 is that ok?

I wait your comments.

Thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @unarea,

The issues you have described are fixed with the following cases in cPanel & WHM version 70:

Fixed case CPANEL-11264: Fixed systemd limits of MySQL and MariaDB.
    Fixed case CPANEL-16988: Fixed incorrect MariaDB and MySQL version in Service Status.

cPanel & WHM version 70 is tentatively scheduled for publication to the RELEASE build tier next week. In the meantime, you can safely ignore that warning message when restarting MariaDB.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...