cPanel & WHM Version

mlopez

Dec 17, 2020
Maldonado - Uruguay
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

I do not completely understand how it works.
I've enabled cPanel Store and entered the store commission ID. So now we've got SSL Certificates available for sale.
The question is: now the AutoSSL feature won't be available? All users would have to pay for cPanel SSL Certificate?
If so, would it be available for free again if cPanel DV SSL Certificate is disabled (in Market Provider Manager)?
Is it possible to charge for the cPanel DV SSL Certificates (AutoSSL) just specific packages?

Thank you!
Regards,

cPanelDustin

Product Owner
Staff member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston, Texas
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Howdy,

I could see the confusion here and let me see if i can clarify a bit. Market Provider Manager controls the user's ability to purchase SSL certificates as you described, but the AutoSSL controls are independent of that and controlled within the Manage AutoSSL interface. Turning on or off the MPM Provider won't affect AutoSSL. As far as turning it on or off for specific users, there isn't an AutoSSL user specific control that the users can't also control themselves, so while you could exclude their domains from AutoSSL, they would be able to just turn them back on. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Reactions: cPRex

mlopez

Dec 17, 2020
Maldonado - Uruguay
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Howdy,

I could see the confusion here and let me see if i can clarify a bit. Market Provider Manager controls the user's ability to purchase SSL certificates as you described, but the AutoSSL controls are independent of that and controlled within the Manage AutoSSL interface. Turning on or off the MPM Provider won't affect AutoSSL. As far as turning it on or off for specific users, there isn't an AutoSSL user specific control that the users can't also control themselves, so while you could exclude their domains from AutoSSL, they would be able to just turn them back on. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Hey Dustin,

Thanks for your answer.

We've disabled cPanel DV SSL Cert:

cpanel-market.png
Will costumers still be able to renew cPanel DV SSL Certificates for free?

Regards,