The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass delete email Accounts

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by IkoIko, Aug 13, 2015.

1. IkoIko

IkoIko Registered

Oct 18, 2007
    Earth - but that too is temporary.
    I've seen all the Bing search results (same as a Google search, but without the stalkers).

Somehow, in cPanel when setting up a mailing list, 154 email accounts added to the Mail List, was also added to and along with, regular Email accounts, changing the clients in the Mail List from their mail host to ours; for example: from to

These accounts are mixed in with 14 regular email accounts that cannot be deleted.

I would like to delete all 154 (168 with the 14) but not the 14 that were not in the Mail List.

I have tried a test by removing the folder in root for two accounts. Nothing
    I have tried a test by deleting the mail list. Nothing.

Is it possible to mass delete selected email accounts in the Email Accounts setup?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you elaborate further on this statement? For instance, email accounts in cPanel under the "Email Accounts" section were created by adding addresses via Mailman? I'm not sure how that's possible or how the email accounts were added. Note there are no methods of removing multiple email accounts at once through cPanel. You have to manually delete them, or remove the entries in the appropriate /home/$username/etc/passwd and /home/$username/etc/shadow files.

Thank you.