The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass WHM/cPanel manager?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jhyland87, Aug 11, 2011.

1. jhyland87

jhyland87 Well-Known Member

hey guys, so I dont use cPanel anymore, but I was wondering...

Would it be useful if there was some type of very nice ajaxed interface where you could manage ALL WHM servers? Every feature that can be done via API (And more), via one interface, would that be useful?

Features would be like..
    - Add/delete/edit new whm servers
    - Add new clients to any server
    - Search through all WHM servers
    - All stats in one
    - Possibly integrated nagios for monitoring with automated check population?

I was thinking an interface like this: /http://mochaui.org/demo/, and you login and literally can do anything to any of your cpanel servers, and more.. And perform actions on multiple servers at once.

Or has this already been created? If so, what product is it? I bet I can out do it.

If you would like this.. How much would you be willing to pay for the product? One time and/or monthly?

Thanks!

2. jhyland87

Maybe eve integrate with WHMCS?

API:Functions - WHMCS Documentation

And maybe if you could plugin Plesk, Webmin and DirectAdmin as well? Hell, even manage vps servers in the long run?

#2 jhyland87, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  3. jhyland87

Guess not, lol

4. hgrg

hgrg Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    i wouldnt think so that cpanel would support control of directadmin or any other 3rd party manager based servers because then they would be responsible for it..

5. jhyland87

ok so you totally missed the point...

Just because im posting this on cPanel forums doesnt mean its ONLY a cPanel product.

This is for admins of newly created or small web hosting companies. Companies which sell hosting on servers based off of all of those products, cPanel, DirectAdmin, Webmin etc etc..

You would login, click "add server", select the OS, and the Control Panel type, that would then add it into your inventory management, which would do everything from monitoring, new customer setup, etc etc...

Adding a new server would add it to your whmcs or whmap inventory for new customers, etc etc.

This would be a web interface for ANYONE to manage all servers in their company, windows or linux... Log watching, accounts, visitors, disk usage, etc etc etc...

Interface >> /http://mochaui.org/demo/

6. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

You might want to gauge interest for your non existing project that you'll make better than anyone elses over at WHT:
    Web Hosting Talk - The largest, most influential web hosting community on the Internet

I see no need to do it here on this forum.

If you've got something you'd like to offer cPanel Administrators once its been created, please feel free to add it to the AppCat: Application Catalog

7. jhyland87

@Infopro: I think you think I am competing with cPanel/WHM, which is entirely not the case. They would actually be the first, main, and primary focus of the project id be working on... I love cPanel, just how easy, secure, versatile, stable, and all around awesome it is to use.

Im just asking... Do other customers here use other backends other than cPanel like.. webmin, plesk, directadmin, etc etc...

If so, would it be neat if you could use an interface to manage ALL servers, and by manage, I mean monitor, spin up new servers, create new customers and sites, etc etc etc....

I actually started this a while ago, but then I got a job at Jawa making six figures, and lost interest in this, but id love to continue working on this... Id need to catch up on the advancement of all products like cPanel and plesk before, but id just like to see who would use this.

With all do respect Infopro, im not competing against WHM/cPanel, they would be the focus of my... THINGY! lol

8. jhyland87

I guess this would be like.. a really bada$$ version of WHMCS, only ajaxed, and include monitoring, and complete server management.

Think of it like this... picture you are logged into WHM, you know all of those features you can do to the server you are in? what if you can do those same features to all servers under you, on multiple servers or single servers, regardless of the OS or backend... It wouldnt REPLACE cpanel, webmin, plesk, etc etc... It would be a remote management console, on its own server, to interact with ALL of them, via one web interface.

9. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Thats not what I'm thinking at all.

I would think the answer to this is yes, this site is for cPanel Administrators. We can asume at least some, have servers that run other control panels.

Yes, neat.

Use what, an idea you have? You shouldn't point to something like mochaui and say this is something like what you may or may not build, what do you think about it? Create it and say here's where I'm at, who wants to test it. Or something.

Either way, this is a forum specific to cPanel. You'd do better to point your queries to a larger audience like WHT instead.

Good luck with your project.