The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Massive Headaches (Backups)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by K e N, Aug 24, 2006.

1. K e N

K e N Member

Alright guys, i am in a hell of a situation right now. Server is kinda screw up and i'll have to perform an OSReload. Problem is i do not have much knowledge of ssh and my files are over gbs. I need to secure my database/files in each account thats in the server or best if i could save the whole whm setting/its user/files/mysql all together. I have no idea how to perform such things neither have i do something alike before. The easiest way that i've known of is "Copy an account from another server", that is basically fast and easy but i do not have another server with whm to do so.

Is there any solution that i could look on? I could also get an NAS to reduce the upload/download speed but how do i backup everything?

*Remember, im a total newbie*

2. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member

Re:

hi,
    Safest option is to Hire a system admin who can backup and restore a/c's on your server and makes sure Data is not lost, if you don't have much experience you might do something wrong and data could be lost.

my advice is to go with someone who can handle this for you.

best of luck,
    mohit