The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Master/Slave or DNS Sync? Please Help

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by SaintDog, May 12, 2003.

1. SaintDog

SaintDog Member

Ok, this is a question mainly for those of you that have 2+ servers and have them using the same DNS or have created new DNS for each server and are using the same domain across both for hosting.

My question is, how would I go about setting up 2+ servers using the same domain/DNS/New DNS (domain.com for example)?

Currently I have 2 servers (will be 4 soon) that I need to all use the same domain/DNS (i.e. domain.com), but I am unsure of how to do this and keep from messing up accounts server wide. Both servers do have active accounts on them, so I need something that will work, given in one shot.

Basically what I want to do here is, I want to be able to setup each server at ViperHost and make it so that if one server is down, the other(s) is/are not and vice versa.

I did have it setup using DNS zones, but when one server was down, they were all down, which is not what I want going on.

I would much appreciate any help that could be provided. I am not asking anyone to do this for me, I am simply asking for help that will lead me to getting this done.

So again, any help would be much appreciated!

(you may post here or PM me)

Regards,

2. SaintDog

SaintDog Member

Anyone able to help? I have read the one post regarding such, but it dealt with a server that does not have accounts. I need a method to allow me to use the above with 2 servers that already have accounts.

3. yyman

yyman Member

I am trying to sync. cPanel and SimpleDNS+. But at this moment, they dont exchange the DNS data. (could make trust relationship)

Anyone has an idea?