The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Max Defer Issues, Connection time outs and RBL Issues: All under one account

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hanadullset, Nov 10, 2014.

1. hanadullset

hanadullset Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

I've signed up on cPanel forum in hopes that someone would be able to help me figure out to a solution to an issue I'm faced with.

History:
    I transferred a domain to my host provider servers. Email issues started then; unable to send/receive, turned into unable to send/receive internally, but then everything was fixed or so I thought.

Currently, I've been using a very temporary method to correct Max Defer errors that my client's staff are receiving (increased limit from 250 to unlimited). I contacted my host provider, but they weren't even sure what steps can be done to find why the heck M.D.E's are happening.

I really need help, the messages that are given for emails that have: "Domain domain.com has exceeded the max defers and failures per hour (5/5 (41%)) allowed. Message discarded."

That's all it tells me, I have idea how to correct these max defer issues or why all of a sudden they are occurring.

2. hanadullset

hanadullset Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    P.S. I set the Maximum percentage of failed or deferred messages a domain may send per hour, to unlimited it reverted back by itself to 250.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Your access level is listed as "Website Owner". Do you have root access to this server? If so, ensure you configure that value for the package assigned to the account via "WHM Home » Packages » Edit a Package" if you want it retained.

Thank you.