The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Max defers: system wide setting overriding account level setting?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by galbaras, Apr 15, 2014.

1. galbaras

galbaras Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In Tweak Settings->Mail, I had "Maximum percentage of failed or deferred messages a domain may send per hour" set to "unlimited" and "Number of failed or deferred messages a domain may send before protections can be triggered" set to "5".

In the account settings, I had "Maximum Hourly Email by Domain Relayed" and "Maximum percentage of failed or deferred messages a domain may send per hour". I though this one would rule and the account would be able to continue sending until it got 30 failures in an hour.

However, the client is getting failure notices saying "Domain X has exceeded the max defers and failures per hour (5/5 (8%)) allowed". This matches the setting of "5" at the system level and nothing at all in terms of percentage. Also, 5 is 8% of 62.5, which is a really weird number.

What could be causing this behaviour?

Thanks,
    Gal

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.