The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Max Email Address

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by psuhas, May 31, 2007.

1. psuhas

psuhas Registered

Hi

We are thinking to switch to CPanel to manage our server. We have about 1000+ email only users.

Does CPanel has any limitations with those many users? I was talking one of the admins and want to check out before we proceed.

I understand the physical server limitation, but just want to find out the s/w limitations about the speed and efficiency

Please let us know,
    Suhas

2. henryduru

henryduru Registered

hello man

pls i need php inbox mailer link and mail downloader..pls hear me out
    one luv

3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

It depends on your hardware, firsth, But as far as the cPanel goes, there is no limit to the number of clients you host on a server.

4. vagsoftware

vagsoftware Active Member

Yo!

There is a limit of UID and GID :D because you have a real system user for every cPanel user ;)

Some filesystems only support 16-bit UIDs and GIDs, although in Linux UIDs and GIDs are 32 bits. When one of these filesystems is mounted with writes enabled, any UID or GID that would exceed 65535 is translated to a fixed value before being written to disk. These sysctls allow you to change the value of the fixed UID and GID. The default is 65534.

What I wrote above is pure theory. You will never put 65K users on the same machine. It is stupid and expensive.

Respekt.

PS: just for fun.