Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED Max email addresses per cPanel account?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by EmmaC, Dec 19, 2017.

1. EmmaC

EmmaC Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi
    I've inherited a built website that I now manage. I know next to nothing about coding or CSS but can edit etc. apologies if these are dumb questions.
    Is there a maximum number of email addresses you can have attached to the website?
    Is it limited by number, or is the limit based on the server size if no email clients are set up? (i.e. you can have as many as you have space for, but since the limit is 4gb, don't set up too many!)
    Thanks

2. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The number and size of your email accounts may be restricted by whatever the web host has allocated you.

In the right hand side of your cPanel, under the STATISTICS heading, you should see Email Accounts which may be something like 3/10 (30%) - indicating that your web hosting package has allocated you a max of 10 email accounts, and that you are using 3 of them so far.

If you see 3/∞ it indicate you do not have a maximum number of email accounts set, and that you have configured 3 accounts already.

The total of the content of all the email accounts plus the web site files (and possibly the statistics, databases and backup files) must not exceed the disk space that you have been allocated - you can usually see this under the Disk Usage

This document is a great place to start: Email Accounts - Version 68 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 rpvw, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    cPanelMichael likes this.
  3. EmmaC

EmmaC Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    That's exactly what I needed to know, thank you. I went through the documentation 3 times and couldn't see it anywhere.
    Thank you again

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm glad to see the response helped. I've marked this thread as solved.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...