Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Max Emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by captainron19, Apr 16, 2014.

1. captainron19

captainron19 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    One of the domains on my VPS (used by me) is limited on how many emails can be sent out per hour (max apparently set to 1/Hr) Found this out today when trying to send out some emails from an account - I think may have set this up a while ago when I was worried of the possibility of SPAM being sent from domain

I want to reset this but when I go in to WHM/ Modify Account / Max emails per hour for that user is set to "Unlimited"

I know I can do this in the tweak settings section of the WHM also but that will affect every domain on the server correct?

How can I change this?

- - - Updated - - -

Also FYI I did go in to modify account, changed value from unlimited to 500 .... tried to send an email and still told me I was limited to 1/Hr

2. captainron19

captainron19 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Another Update..... I logged into root of server via SSH and edited the max email files with the command...

pico /var/cpanel/maxemailsperdomain/yourdomainhere.com (using affected domain of course)

Saw there was one line of data in the file "1" so I changed it to 100 and saved it but still not letting me send email out form that domain (Saying I have reached maximum per hour)

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

Could you let us know the full output from /var/log/exim_mainlog when you attempt to send an email? Have you tried restarting Exim?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...