Max hourly emails per domain overided and sent 5000 mails

fzamaan

Oct 23, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello,

i have set "Max hourly emails per domain" to 40 while today i got a notification

lfd on host.xxxxxx.com: Script Alert for '/home/xxxxxx/public_html'
Time: Sat May 10 19:43:25 2014 -0500
Path: '/home/xxxxxx/public_html'
Count: 5001 emails sent

Sample of the first 10 emails:
so how they by pass the 40 mail per hour barrier? :confused:

cPanelPeter

Senior Technical Analyst
Staff member
Sep 23, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

Your access level is listed as Reseller Owner. You probably don't have root access to the server then do you? If not, then you need to contact your host to have them review the /var/log/exim_mainlog file and see if anything jumps out at them. If they need assistance they are welcome to open a support ticket with us.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Please note that emails sent through the PHP mail() function are not bound by the "Max hourly emails per domain" limit. You will need to force your script to use SMTP authentication when sending out emails to ensure it's included in the limit.

Thank you.

fzamaan

Oct 23, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello,

Your access level is listed as Reseller Owner. You probably don't have root access to the server then do you? If not, then you need to contact your host to have them review the /var/log/exim_mainlog file and see if anything jumps out at them. If they need assistance they are welcome to open a support ticket with us.
first of all sory for late, for some reason, either i did not get the follow up reply notifications nor i have missed the emails. evently i visited today i found the replies. THank you.

actually i am on a vps and running centos 5 and having root access.

- - - Updated - - -

Please note that emails sent through the PHP mail() function are not bound by the "Max hourly emails per domain" limit. You will need to force your script to use SMTP authentication when sending out emails to ensure it's included in the limit.

Thank you.
oh :p

undestood :rolleyes:

sparek-3

Aug 10, 2002
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

Thank you.
Is this new?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Is this new?
This has always been the behavior from the information I could find, but there is a case open with our development team with a similar question right now. I will double check to confirm if it's new behavior, or if it's legacy behavior and PHP mails are counted, and report back to this thread.

Thank you.

sparek-3

Aug 10, 2002
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm the other way around. I've never it known it to not count via the hourly tracking system. At least with suPHP. If PHP is not running under the VirtualHost's user then it might not. But it always has for me. And appears to still be doing so with cPanel 11.42.