The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Max Mail Per Hour Problem At Webmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bsasninja, Mar 30, 2007.

1. bsasninja

bsasninja Well-Known Member

I have set my max per hour limit a whm to 200 mails per hour. Is working fine under smtp protocol.

But when I use a webmail program I have, it uses phpmail function to send mail and you can send more than 200 per hour.

Also this webmail, has the possibility to setup a smtp server instead. If I switch to use smtp server instead of phpmail delivery, the max per hour limit should apply?

Of course I have to setup one valid user authenticated to the config. Suppose my domain user and pass. So If other user sent more than 200 all the following mails will be bounced back to the customer. But my doubt is if I cant send too, cause my authentication data is at the config file.

I wait comments.

Thanks

2. david510

david510 Well-Known Member

This is happening because your php is running as apache. Try switching to php as CGI

3. bsasninja

I dont understand what you mean...

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The limit doesn't apply if you don't have php running as a CGI (usually through phpsuexec) as it runs under the nobody account which isn't restricted by that setting. Also, if you allow the script to send out directly using SMTP then it will never be regulated by that setting as it's bypassing exim.

5. bsasninja

cleared, thanks!