The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

max_allowed_packet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hm2k, Jun 17, 2010.

1. hm2k

hm2k Well-Known Member

One of my clients is having an issue with his Drupal based website, it gives the following error:

I'm aware of a few of solutions which are mentioned here:

MySQL :: MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: 4.2.3.4 Using Options to Set Program Variables

The option I'm specifically looking at is editing the my.conf file as this will not require the user to make any changes to their production code and will benefit other users on the server with the same issue.

My issue with this is, firstly although I can edit the file via console, it's usually better to do it via WHM when present, however there is no option for editing my.conf via WHM. Further more, I am aware that configuration files such as this get overwritten on updates.

What is the best way to approach a solution to this issue?

Thanks.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yes you will need to edit this manually. And no, AFAIK, that file will not be overwritten on any updates, there's not much to the default my.cnf so nothing to update there.

I was just speaking about some sort of editor for my.cnf in WHM recently with a couple of friends of mine over @cPanel, informally of course. I think I'll add a Feature Request for this. :)

Interested?

In the meantime, if you're looking for an easy way to work on that file without logging in via SSH, you might like this link:
    http://www.configserver.com/cp/cse.html

Sorry, wrong link originally.

#2 Infopro, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010