Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

MaxEmail Issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by thevoices, Jun 29, 2006.

1. thevoices

thevoices Member

I have found a particular nasty bug,

Environment: Catch-too/Default enabled

Customer has a Max Email of say 50 an hour

"Spammer" spoofs their email address as "customesdomain.com and sends to real or nonexistant email@customerdomain.com. The server tries to deliver it but treats the message as valid and marks 1 against the hourly. Even the "Spammer" didnt use customers server as smtp.

Before enabling Default; it returns "sender verified failed" in logs but after accepts it.

Has anyone found a way to only allow valid "from" or someone way that the customer isnt dinged for some poser infected with the newest and greatest worm/virus.

-tv

2. Bash

Bash Member

Do you have the full headers of the spam email that was sent? I have awhole bunch of servers with accounts and their emails are set to 200 per hour in order to prevent massive intentional spamming. Please post the full headers and I will take a look to see if this is the case. I personally have not had any complaints like this.

-Bash