The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maximum number of domains?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by groefie, Aug 27, 2005.

1. groefie

groefie Active Member

Ok guys, here's the problem:

this morning I added a new account on one of our servers. Everything went fine, apache restarted without a problem but after that all of the sites on the server were down.

So I deleted that new account again, restarted apache and all sites were back up.

Now it seems I can't add a new account on the box anymore unless I delete another account, so there must be a limit somewhere. Even adding a subdomain goes wrong, which means that when one of our customers adds a subdomain all sites will go down after apache restarts.

To prevent this I've deleted some inactive accounts on the server. But of course that's only a temp. solution.

So my question now is: can I change the maximum number of accounts/sites/domains somewhere? I've looked in httpd.conf but couldn't find anything related to that.

These are the current # of domains on that box:

# of Users 390
    # of Domains 585
    # of SubDomains 420

Thanks in advance.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I'm not aware of any limit at all. When you say that apache wouldn't start, what exactly were the errors are what was shown in the apache error_log when you tried to start it?