The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mBox Format to server without

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trparky, Oct 3, 2005.

1. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

We have a server on which I am thinking about moving to the new Courier mail server. But, what happens if I convert to it and then transfer an account off of it using the WHM Account Mover (or Full Backup Restoration Tool) onto a server without the Courier mail system? Does the mail get converted back or lost?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Interesting question. I've not tried it myself. You might want to ask cPanel directly through billing@cpanel.net for this particular question and post their answer back here.

3. Oxyte

Oxyte Member

We are experiencing a problem related to this.
    Actually cPanel does not do anything. The structure remains the same. The emails are not lost, but as I said, the structure is not changed, and so... the user will not be able to read them using WebMail.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It is meant to auto-convert now. If you check the changelog, it's meant to be built into CURRENT upwards at present.

If it doesn't convert, then it's a simple matter of running /scripts/convert2maildir and it will convert any outstanding mbox files to maildir.