The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mbox to maildir and maildir to mbox transfers

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by btrieve, May 17, 2006.

1. btrieve

btrieve Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

It seems in the May build releases maildir is the default format for cpanel.

The questions I have, for those of us who regularly transfer accounts between servers and providers, how does the following work:

1. If your server is running maildir and remote server is mbox, will the system auto run the /scripts script needed to finish the conversion? Or does this need to be done manually by the admin?

2. If your server is running mbox, and the remote is maildir, will cpanel transfer these messages and convert them back to mbox or will it bag it altogether?

Thanks

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

If you want to transfer accounts from a maildir server to an mbox server, you'd need to convert to maildir manually.

If you transfer an account from an mbox server to a maildir server, the mailboxes will be converted from mbox to maildir when the account is recreated.

3. kemis

kemis Well-Known Member

What is the process for doing this? I have an mbox file from an old server that I need to import into an existing account's maildir-based e-mail.

Matt

4. dob3rman

dob3rman Active Member

Transfer from Mbox to Maildir

Hi,

I transfer to a cpanel using Maildir. I can see all my emails in Inbox.
    But sent items and trash were lost.

Any idea how to fix that ? (i still have the old server running with mbox and INBOX.Sent filename.

Thanks