The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memcache install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devilsreject, Oct 4, 2009.

1. devilsreject

devilsreject Registered

Hi,

im trying to install PECL memcache, but i don't know how to do that.
    can somebody help me with installation, im new to cpanel.

Thanks!!

2. devilsreject

devilsreject Registered

thanks alot!!

one more thing that boder me is that i dont know where to type this code for install?

lol

3. rathin

rathin Registered

4. Huusoku

Huusoku Active Member

I had a harddrive crash early Monday morning and my host ended up building a brand new box with better hardware for me. With their help we got our site back up and now I am tweaking and fine tuning settings here and there....

These links are very helpful however the site www.monkey.org is down. I tried it on Monday, then Tues, and again today before coming here to post. I've searched around and found many sites sharing libevent but they all use the original site at monkey.org (yet call it a mirror LOL)

Can someone throw this on their server so I can download and install it? Any 1.x stable version should be find, I just want to install memcache

Original link: http://www.monkey.org/~provos/libevent-1.4.9-stable.tar.gz

Thanks
    Mike

EDIT: Well I just tried "yum install libevent" just for the hell of it and it was already installed on my server. HA!

EDIT #2: Okay, nevermind. Even though the above command says it's already installed on my sever, when I try to install memcache it says libevent is not installed. So I need to get that tar ball from monkey.org but that server is down. Please help!!

#5 Huusoku, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011