The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Allocation Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jparker3119, Jul 31, 2012.

1. jparker3119

jparker3119 Member

May 18, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    One of my clients requires that they be able to upload images of 20Mbytes or less in size.
    Smaller files are processed normally, larger files are partially processed, and the even more larger files are not being processed at all.

See below for the parameter settings for memory, upload files, etc. It seems that I have overlooked an additional setting but, if so, I haven't the slightest idea where.

Bunch of specs were here but turned out to be irrelevant.....

-------- later that day........

I felt confident that increasing memory_limit to 136M would do the job. Turned out it wasn't. Reminds me what the first three letters of "assuming" is..... Increasing the max_memory solved my problem....

Another DUH moment.....
    #1 jparker3119, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I'm happy to hear you were able to resolve the issue. It's worth mentioning that sometimes it's better to keep the lower memory limit in place. While it prevents uploads of larger files, it also prevents scripts from using up too much memory and effecting other users on a shared server. Ideally, larger files should be uploaded through FTP if at all possible.

Thank you.