The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Limit on PHP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whipworks, May 29, 2015.

1. whipworks

whipworks Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I see that there's no individual setting for each account on WHM to change the limit on the PHP memory. So on the editor it can be changed there, but that would affect the whole server. Would the changes be a problem for other accounts on the server if we proceed with the changes? And if we do the changes, is there going to be additional instructions for it to take effect? (i.e. restarting Apache or something).

Thanks! :)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Increasing the PHP limit would not adversely effect other accounts, unless one account uses up enough memory to reduce the performance of other accounts. Apache is automatically restarted if you make the change through Web Host Manager (WHM >> PHP Configuration Editor). However, note you can simply copy /usr/local/lib/php.ini to the account's home directory and make the change in the individual php.ini file if you use suPHP as your PHP handler.

Thank you.

3. whipworks

whipworks Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks Michael! Helpful as always. I'll have to check that other option about the php.ini when I get the chance. For now, I should be good with upgrading the memory.

Thanks again! :)