memory usage load always sky high

S

Secret Agent

I don't know why but memory usage load is always sky high for no reason (nothing done to cause this).

Fedora Core 2
Celeron 2.4
512MB RAM

What can I do to optimize this?

S

Secret Agent

User Domain % CPU % MEM Mysql Processes
root 4.29 846.08 1.9
Top Process %CPU 85.3 /usr/bin/perl /scripts/realperlinstaller Mail::SpamAssassin Net::DNS
Top Process %CPU 22.0 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/cpanel/bin/dcpumon >/dev/null 2>&1
Top Process %CPU 10.0 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/cpanel/bin/dcpumon >/dev/null 2>&1

Where did this "realperlinstall" come from that is causing such high loads?

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
If you think you have a memory problem, you really need to first post the output of the free command within the forums CODE tags.

S

Secret Agent

Sorry, what do you mean by that? I'm a newbie with the ssh (not too newbie though lol)

Anyway DC tech told me this:
I cant say I have examined the processes running on a cpanel box, but Im not sure that it is supposed to be running the 125 cpanellogd threads.

What does he mean by that?

According to CPU / Memory / MySQL Usage in WHM status:
Top Process %CPU 70.0 /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/awstats.pl -configdomain.com -update
Process %CPU 83.0 /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/awstats.pl -configdomain.com -update
Top Process %CPU 92.5 /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/awstats.pl -configdomain -update
Top Process %CPU 73.2 /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/awstats.pl -configdomain -update

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Secret Agent

Please read my previous post. We posted together so I think you may have missed it

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Nope, my post answered yours. You said you had "125 cpanellogd threads", the post I pointed you to, tells you how to fix that problem ;)