The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory usage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by angelfire777, Sep 13, 2012.

1. angelfire777

angelfire777 Member

Hi, My memory doesnt seem to be getting any smaller when I delete lots of emails. My knowledge of cpanel is really basic so please make your answer basic.

Thank-you for any help!:confused::confused:

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Deleting emails is not an action that would reduce the amount of memory used. It's possible that it will reduce disk space usage. However, emails take up very little space so there may not be much reduction in the amount of space used on an account after deleting email data. Have you tried using the "Disk Space Usage" icon in cPanel to determine what's taking up most of your disk space?

Thank you.

3. angelfire777

angelfire777 Member

Hi, I cannot remember my cpanel password so reset my password. It sent a email with a code to cut and paste into the confirmation code in my browser. This I did and it came up with;
    "Please make sure that you are accessing the full, correct URL from the email and that you are using the same browser session in which you started the password reset. Click here to resend the confirmation email:
    I tried clicking on the links too and that gave me the same error so I cannot password to get into my email! Do you have any ideas please?

4. Pizzadelivery

Pizzadelivery Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I don't know about this. i just want to know it.

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Password issues with your cPanel account should be taken up with your Hosting Provider. No one here on the forums can help with that. I wouldn't be clicking ANY links in ANY email asking me to reset my cPanel Password.

If you have, you most certainly need to contact your Hosting Provider. Right away.

6. carpetpanel

carpetpanel Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    That was probably phishing. I wouldn't take that lightly and immediatly contact your host.