The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Menalto Gallery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PDM, Nov 30, 2005.

1. PDM

PDM Active Member

I've recently gotten a cPanel server and am moving a site with Menalto Gallery.

I'm having trouble with permissions in the albums.users directory causing Gallery to bork.

Can someone enlighten me on how to setup permisions on the albums foleders to get Gallery working ?

I notice that my cPanel user for the site doesn't seem to be a member of any groups. Perhaps this is causing my problem?

Worked fine on my Ensim server with 755 permissions.

:confused:

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

What do you mean by "my cPanel user for the site doesn't seem to be a member of any groups?"

Check the ownership of this user's directory and make sure it is their own. For example: chown -R pdm.pdm /home/pdm/public_html/*

3. PDM

PDM Active Member

When looking at permissions using Cute ftp no group is shown only the user pdm

Got Gallery to work, I think by chowning the albums folder recursively to nobody from root command line.

This, however, blocks ftp write access by the user to the albums directory.

I have a couple dozen sites that use Menalto Gallery to move to this server and would like to use the correct method of setting up/moving Menalto Gallery on a cPanel server.

Does anyone know of a how-to for Menalto Gallery on cPanel?

Will chowning to nobody be the way to deal with php apps that upload image files on a cPanel/RHEL server?