Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merging two accounts possible?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadowrider, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Maybe I'm overthinking this but hopefully it's a valid question.

I have a client who purchased DOMAIN-A.COM and installed everything he needed here. Then he bought DOMAIN-B.COM and wish to use this as his primary domain, parking DOMAIN-A ontop of this.

My question is, what is the easiest way to go about this? Can i somehow merge the two products?

I know i can use redirect on DOMAIN-B, but this is not a good longterm solution with E-mail setup and everything else on his account.

Would it be possible to export/backup from DOMAIN-A, and restore into DOMAIN-B?

Or is it as simple aas changing the domain in settings on product A?

2. SysSachin

SysSachin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

If your client want this domain "DOMAIN-B.COM" is primary and DOMAIN-A.COM is park domain then I think changing domain name is easiest way but you need to replace domain name in you site setting/coding after renamed your domain name from A to B

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I recommend backing up the account associated with the domain name you want to move, then manually copying over the data you want to move to the new account using a utility such as rsync or FTP. Here's some documentation you may find helpful:

How to Manually Transfer an Account Between Servers - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation
    How to Manually Migrate Accounts to cPanel from Unsupported Control Panels - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Once you do this, you can rename the domain name for the account you are moving via "WHM >> Modify an Account", and then add it as an Alias or Addon domain under the destination account.

Let us know if you have any questions about the manual transfer process.

Thanks!