The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messed up installing an SSL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 517634, Mar 28, 2014.

1. 517634

517634 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Howdy!

So I tried installing an SSL on my server. Unfortunately it did not go well.

I get the following error in FF when trying to login to WHM to remove the thing. This is what happens when I try to login using the hostname. When I try to login using the IP it redirects me to the hostname regardless of what port I use.

Code:
    Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to web.deenaayyash.com:2087. The OCSP server has no status for the certificate. (Error code: sec_error_ocsp_unknown_cert) 

I tried adding and exception in FireFox to allow me to access the server but this doesn't change the error. So how can I either fix this, or remove the SSL?

2. LostNerd

LostNerd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    To remove the SSL, I would attempt to access WHM via your public IP rather than your website itself. (I have this as 192.185.80.178:2086/7 by pinging the domain in your output code above).

I'm assuming you dont have it set to redirect all cPanel/WHM requests to this SSL hostname yet?

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

What method did you use to install this certificate? Note that certificates for services such as cPanel/WHM should be installed via:

"WHM Home » Service Configuration » Manage Service SSL Certificates"

You should be able to access WHM over the IP address if you need to login to remove an existing certificate.

Thank you.