The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Method to Monitor Shared SSL Bandwidth?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mjpanel, Dec 8, 2006.

1. mjpanel

mjpanel Registered

To my knowledge when using a domain to host Shared SSL for our accounts there is yet unfortunately no method to determine bandwidth used by individual accounts through the Shared SSL host.

i.e. the ability to determine bandwidth for the user 'someuser' through a Shared SSL host:
    https://securehost.com/~someuser/

I know that Shared SSL is not recommended but we have to be competitive with those that do offer it and customers do require it when they know it is available elsewhere. I also know this is not recommended over a Wildcard Shared SSL but we can't go that route either.

I would imagine there is a useful access log tool to make this easy to monitor. It would be very beneficial to be able to easily determine which accounts are consuming the most bandwidth. Any ideas?

2. kieranmullen

kieranmullen Well-Known Member

That would be interesting to know as well.

However all the logs would be stored in one directory and you would have to parse i with the users directories.

I dont think it can be done unless you use a custom tool of some sort.
    KM

3. mjpanel

mjpanel Registered

I'm suprised more people aren't interested in a solution for this since this is the most difficult part of managing precious bandwidth usage. Without a method to monitor this, users can leach unlimited bandwidth without a way to find out what's going on. This is not acceptable. I'm considering writing a log parsing script. I could do this fairly easily with PHP but I'm too limited with other languages.