The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

microsoft outlook 07 email problems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by drelectric, Feb 4, 2011.

1. drelectric

drelectric Registered

im using microsoft outlook 07 and when i email some people i get a

from: Mail Delivery System [Mailer-Daemon@cl113.justhost.com]

subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

i tried to add the email address to my safe recipients list and sender list and still i get the emails sent back to me

can any one help me out with this problem
    thanks

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you are emailing some people and getting a delivery failure, it's likely those email recipients a either misspelled or the email address isn't valid in some way. A failure message means that the email isn't deliverable in this instance. I'd ask if you could provide the email recipients that are failing, but I wouldn't want those email addresses to be posted on a public forum like this.

Of note, if you have root SSH on a Linux machine with exim on it such as a cPanel server for root SSH, you can run this command to see how an email address is routing:

Code:
    exim -bt emailuser@domain.com
    Here emailuser is the email username for that email account, and domain.com is the domain of the email account.