The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

migrate Cpanel with only FTP access

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by servinio, Oct 17, 2012.

1. servinio

servinio Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The datacenter put us in rescue mode and we have only FTP access to the files (they refuse to quit the rescue mode).

How we could migrate all our users on a new Cpanel server using just the FTP copy?

2. JeffP.

JeffP. Well-Known Member

Hi servinio,

There is no straightforward way to do this. You'll need to know the paths to the data you need, and copy the data accordingly.

Website data should be here:
    /home/${USER}/public_html/

If there are addon domains or subdomains, their content should also exist under the public_html/ directory as shown above.

Email data would be here:
    /home/${USER}/mail/

You should recreate the email accounts in cPanel on the new server first. That will populate the necessary password files (and others) needed for accessing the email.

If you have any questions about copying any other specific data, just let us know.

Thanks!

3. servinio

servinio Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    thanks, probably it will be very difficult because I see that I've lost the right owners of the folders (chown) and the users aren't listed on WHM (even I've created them on /etc/passwd and etc/shadow)