The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrate from Cpanel Pro (RC1) to WHM 11.28.87

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by suddy, May 17, 2011.

1. suddy

suddy Registered

I am moving from a shared hosting which uses a old cpanel from the looks of it, to a new linux dedicated server hosted by godaddy.

I have a limited understanding but since the shared host doesn't provide access to the WHM, i created a full backup via the Cpanel Pro RC1 on the old host. I downloaded this copy onto my machine and uploaded it to the new dedicated server

I setup the new dedicated server and created a account for me to use for cpanel and I can login to the WHM and cpanel X, but I cant seem to restore the full backup. As I need the MySQL DB's etc that were backed up.

The backup file I uploaded to the server using the account details I created. But I am unsure how to proceed from here.

Considering the version differences as well i am worried this might not work properly,

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

cPanel Pro is not a separate version of cPanel. I noticed you opened a support ticket for this issue. Upon checking cPanel on the remote server, it's actually a fairly recent version of cPanel in-use.

There are two methods you can use to transfer the account to the new server:

1) You can copy the account from the remote server using the "WHM Main >> Transfers >> Copy an account from another server with account password" option found within Web Host Manager. A guide on this can be found here:

Copy an Account from Another Server with Account Password

2) You can create a full cPanel backup of the account using the "Full Backup" option under "Backups" within the cPanel of the account on the remote server. You can then upload that backup to the new server and restore it using the "WHM Main >> Backup >> Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file" option within Web Host Manager:

Restore Full Backup

Thank you.