The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrate from Cpanel to Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silvija567, Nov 4, 2011.

1. silvija567

silvija567 Registered

Nov 4, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner

Im new to this forum and from Slovenia. I made site / in one Cpanel on one server. Because this server ofers too little bandwidth I want move domain with site to different server with Cpanel. Is it enough that i move files to another server where I add transfered domain or do I have to change something other in Cpanel.

Thank u for help!

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you do not have root access to the machine or WHM root access to the machine, then the best idea would be to create a full backup in your cPanel > Backups area, then upload that backup to your new account on the new machine. At that point, please contact your webhost and ask them to restore the account using that backup file. They will need to run a forced restore of the account to overwrite your existing data.

Another option for the hosting provider would be to use WHM > Transfers > Copy an account from another server with account password option on the new machine for you. This would instead then package the account and move it to the new machine. Again, this only works if the account doesn't exist on the new machine (otherwise, they'd have to remove the new account on the new machine and then retransfer the account).

Using a full backup would actually allow you to transfer all of your cPanel settings, mail, files, bandwidth data, etc. to your new cPanel account on the new machine, so it's preferable to simply reuploading your content files using FTP or File Manager on the new account.

You may want to point the hosting provider to this thread about the available options to see what they prefer to do for you or to have you do, though.