The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrate from hard disks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfreak53, Apr 11, 2012.

1. jfreak53

jfreak53 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to copy over my WHM install from one hard disk to another? Maybe a script? I need all apache, php, etc. config copied as well as all account's.

I had a disk failure and now need to bring everything over to the new drive, of course the NOC refuses to help and says it's my problem.

2. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Do you have a backup disk ? It should have all your important cpanel files backed up from the daily/weekly/monthly runs.

3. jfreak53

Nope, that's the problem. I have to have the new disk put in as the primary drive then copy from the old disk to it.

4. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Roughly how many account are on the disk? Did they run any kind of check on the drive or tell you what exactly failed ? If the drive is physically failing it might be better to get it off the machine than to try to recover. But if its a small number of accounts it might not be worth clean room saving it.

5. jfreak53

It's around 50 accounts, I have no backup's so I can't just wipe it and forget it, come on :(

I/O error's, they ran an extended smart test, my server keep's shutting itself down every 10 hours or so. The NOC says that's the reason and the hard drive is failing and need's to be replaced. Since they offer zero help at all I have to figure this thing out myself.

I came upon this tut, but not sure if it's correct:
    Restoring a cPanel Server From a Crashed Hard Disk or Migrating a cPanel Server | Official Web Hosting Blog by eUKhost Ltd.

6. jfreak53

Any thoughts?