The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

migrate from Parallels Pro Control Panel 10.3.4 for linux to cPanel

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by gnomo, Aug 20, 2011.

1. gnomo

gnomo Member

Hello:
    I have root acces to a server with Parallels Control Panel and I am going to a server with cpanel only if it's possible to change of server without problems.
    It's possible?
    Thanks,
    Angel

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We definitely do support migrations from the Parallels Pro control panel. Specifically, I am aware that we have successfully migrated many 10.x Parallels Pro machines to cPanel/WHM without any problems.

I would advise posting a ticket with us (you can use the links in my signature) regarding your migration request. We'll be able to evaluate your Parallels Pro & cPanel/WHM server for any common pitfalls/known caveats so that they can be addressed. You can then decide from there if you'd like to proceed with the migration.

You can also read more information on the general migration process here: https://www.cpanel.net/migrations-to-cpanel.html

3. PenguinInternet

PenguinInternet Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Migrations from Parallels Pro are very smooth now. There are a few things that you will need to alter afterwards on migrated sites though such as the pathnames in scripts (the /var/www/html gets replaced with /home/user/public_html). Aside from that, pretty much everything else should get copied over. We've migrated a few thousand accounts in this manner ourselves now.