Migrate to another Datacenter

Mr_Stepfire

Dec 20, 2004
The Netherlands
Dear Cpanel user,

In a few weeks we will like to migrate to another Datacenter, we already have 2 DNSservers on 2 diffrent locations. If i change my ip with the IP Migration Wizard, will my dnsfiles also be updated? And what does the IP Migration Wizard change in my dnsrecords because some customers have custum a record to there own mailserver.

And what files you i need to backup before i start with the migration?

Mr_Stepfire

Dec 20, 2004
The Netherlands
Dear Cpanel user,

In a few weeks we will like to migrate to another Datacenter, we already have 2 DNSservers on 2 diffrent locations. If i change my ip with the IP Migration Wizard, will my dnsfiles also be updated? And what does the IP Migration Wizard change in my dnsrecords because some customers have custum a record to there own mailserver.

And what files you i need to backup before i start with the migration?
Can plz someone answer my question?

brendanrtg

Oct 4, 2006
Frankly, I dont see any difficulty in what you are going to do? It would normally be a walk in the park and from my experience, all you need is to manually change your server settings and the NS to use the new ips.

I assumed you have clustering enabled on your DNS and if thats the case, all yo need to do is to sync them once you have changed the settings on the hosting server and it will fall thru to the DNS.

I have never used the IP migration wizard but I suppose it would be doing what we normally would do manually.

Last edited: